The Systems Engineer will be supporting a Windows/Linux systems on both virtualized and physical environment comprised of 20+ remote locations throughout North America and Asia, with several thousand of call-center and corporate users. This role will involve managing server infrastructure from deign through implementation and support. Requires experience in building IT solutions and infrastructure to fit a specialized business need.
We expect greater of ourselves... What’s Your Greater? Come find it at ResultsCX!In this role you will:
We are looking for someone who has:
- Complete configuration, installation, and support the equipment in Microsoft Windows/Linux environments to the specifications of client requirements
- Create Visio drawings of infrastructure layout for virtual and physical hardware in the DataCenter.
- Create Infrastructure scripting and automation
- Spec out servers and infrastructure for enterprise needs
- Add physical parts to servers and implementation
- Integrate servers, including database, application, web, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Manage all aspects of virtualization and the administration of VMWare VCenter, OPS Manager and VSphere
- Have responsibility for advanced management of storage area network environments to include hardware vendors such as EMC, HPE 3Par, Nimble, Dell PowerVault
- Backups & Restore both virtual and physical servers
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
- An advanced understanding of Datacenter power solutions and power load handling.
- An Advanced understanding of diverse IT environments to allow for architecting of solutions, both new and existing.
- Working knowledge of LAN technologies isci, fiber, fiber mesh, ILO, Console access
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Windows active directory along with group policy administration
- Minimum of 5 years’ direct experience with Windows/Linux administration and maintenance, in at least medium sized company, preferably in a service providing industry.
- 5+ years support experience with VMWare Infrastructure.
- 5+ years’ experience with data protection (backup/restore) technology solution.
- 5+ years’ experience with out-of-band management technologies for servers.
- 5+ years on-hand experience in troubleshooting, performance tuning, and problem resolution.
- Ability to create Infrastructure scripting and automation including PowerShell and other tools
- Experience with DNS, PKI, DFS, WSUS and Patch Management.
- Experience specking out servers and infrastructure for enterprise needs
- Experience adding physical parts to servers and implementation
- Experience with Network Security scanning tool such as Nessus and Qualys.
- Symantec Antivirus Management or similar technology solution.
- Knowledge on IIS and Apache Web Server management.
- Experience with Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 or higher.
We encourage our people to “expect greater”, reach further and live up to their individual potential. As a leader in the customer service call center industry we partner with Fortune 500 companies to provide exceptional customer experiences globally. We are looking to grow our teams with people who are up for a challenge and share our passion and commitment. If you are interested in an opportunity to make a difference in a fast-paced environment, ResultsCX could be right for you!
ResultsCX is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factors under federal, state or local law.