The Sr. NOC Systems Engineer will be supporting a Windows/Linux systems on both virtualized and physical environment comprised of 20+ remote locations throughout North America and Asia, with several thousand of call-center and corporate users. This role will involve managing server infrastructure from deign through implementation and support. Requires experience in building IT solutions and infrastructure to fit a specialized business need.In this role you will:
We are looking for someone who has:
- Complete configuration, installation and support of equipment in Microsoft Windows/Linux environments to the specifications of client requirements
- Advanced understanding of diverse IT environments to allow for architecting of solutions, both new and existing.
- Integrate servers, including database, application, web, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Windows active directory along with group policy administration
- Manage all aspects of virtualization and the administration of VMWare VCenter, OPS Manager and VSphere
- Advanced management of storage area network environments to include hardware vendors such as Nimble and HPE 3Par
- Server Backups & Restore both virtual and physical
- Monitoring and administration of cloud services in Azure, AWS
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
- Must be able to properly apply the defined principles, practices, standards and procedures.
- Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management
- Minimum of 10 years’ direct experience with Windows/Linux administration and maintenance, in at least medium sized company, preferably in a service providing industry.
- 5+ years Windows/Linux Administration.
- 5+ years support experience with VMWare Infrastructure.
- 5+ years’ experience with data protection (backup/restore) technology solution.
- 5+ years’ experience with out-of-band management technologies for servers.
- 5+ years on-hand experience in troubleshooting, performance tuning, and problem resolution.
- Experience with monitoring solutions such as OpenNMS, What’s Up Gold, or similar technology solutions along with SNMP protocol.
- Working knowledge on cloud computing like Azure, AWS
- Experience on ITIL processes; ITIL certification a plus
- Experience with DNS, PKI, DFS, WSUS and Patch Management.
- Experience with Network Security scanning tool such as Nessus and Qualys.
- Symantec Antivirus Management, Crowdstrike or similar technology solution.
- Knowledge on IIS and Apache Web Server management.
- Experience with Citrix Presentation Server 6.5 or higher.
- SharePoint Administration experience a plus
- Experience with Software Deployment Solutions and Hardware/Software Inventory Solutions a plus
- Team Foundation Server Management experience a plus.
- Password Management and SSO experience a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server is a plus.
- Experience with CSI, IEX, or call center related software is a plus.
- Experience with Security technologies such as IDS, IPS, MDM is a plus.
- Proven ability to multi-task between operational and project related work efforts.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Can work on shifting/graveyard schedule or non-working hours and/or weekends when required.
- On-call availability
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) skills and ability to train others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar concentration as well as direct work experience.
- Current MCSE, VMWare, or Linux certifications is preferred.
- Ability to work well with others, as well as independently.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Can work on graveyard / shifting schedules and non-working hours and/or weekends
We encourage our people to “expect greater”, reach further and live up to their individual potential. As a leader in the customer service call center industry we partner with Fortune 500 companies to provide exceptional customer experiences globally. We are looking to grow our teams with people who are up for a challenge and share our passion and commitment. If you are interested in an opportunity to make a difference in a fast-paced environment, ResultsCX could be right for you!
ResultsCX is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factors under federal, state or local law.