Senior DevOps Engineer
The main role and responsibility of this job will be to enable the development team to accelerate their software delivery with a greater degree of reliability. This person will help us shift the culture toward a better DevOps culture where developers can self-serve all the needs of their specific applications without waiting for an operations team to deploy a package or boot up a server. We have some “legacy” processes built in Chef/ Jenkins/ and a custom portal which currently require support, with the goal to move everything to a more modern approach in GitHub actions. Our current software stack is currently on AWS with some EC2, and a lot of Lambdas. The ideal candidate will have a lot of experience with AWS and Serverless.In this role you will:
We are looking for someone who has:
- Manage access to systems.
- Monitor and set alerting on uptime and problems.
- Implement and improve existing infrastructure management systems.
- Manage and improve CI/CD pipeline.
- Assist with deployments.
- Manage and work through the ticket queue.
- Manage and respond to system alerts.
- Convert existing static infrastructure to infrastructure as code as well as create new infrastructure as code.
- Optimize infrastructure for use both by customers and internal projects.
- 5 years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer.
- Experience working with version control systems (e.g., Git, Subversion, Mercurial).
- Experience working with declarative “Infrastructure as Code” tools (e.g., Terraform, Ansible).
- Experience with Chef / Ruby
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience with Active Directory
- Experience with Linux systems Administration (e.g., Ubuntu, CentOS).
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g., Bash, Python).
- Available to share be on call 24x7 on call duties with the team when required.
- Contribute to team discussions on design and process improvements
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills; working proficiency in English (written and spoken) to work with team
- Deep expertise in Amazon Web Services
- Knowledgeable about DevOps engineering best practices across the development life cycle including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source code management, build processes, and testing
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of Github Actions a plus
- Process-oriented with great documentation skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Able to function in a fast-paced start-up type of environment
- Self-motivating, able to assume responsibility and work autonomously in a professional manner
We encourage our people to “expect greater”, reach further and live up to their individual potential. As a leader in the customer service call center industry, we partner with Fortune 500 companies to provide exceptional customer experiences globally. We are looking to grow our teams with people who are up for a challenge and share our passion and commitment. If you are interested in an opportunity to make a difference in a fast-paced environment, ResultsCX could be right for you!
ResultsCX is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factors under federal, state or local law.