The Network Engineer will be supporting a Cisco infrastructure comprised of 20+ remote locations throughout North America and Asia, with several thousand of call-center and corporate users. Along with global support, the Network Engineer will have primary focus on the Atlanta Data Center and the Marietta office. The engineer will be racking, stacking, cabling network equipment or other gear from different teams as needed. The engineer will need to be able to go to the data center as needed, for new installs, maintenance or troubleshooting problems. The engineer will also be included in 24x7 rotation network support.In this role you will:
We are looking for someone who has:
- Lead the planning and execution of Operations change management initiatives, including work requests and related hours in workflow tool.
- Configure, test, analyze and maintain router, switch and firewall gear.
- Develop and maintain accurate network diagrams and information.
- Identify and resolve ongoing local area and wide area network problems and issues.
- Analyze network traffic and make recommendations for future growth and requirements.
- Resolve daily network related issues.
- Participate in On-Call rotation for support of 24x7 operations.
- Manage IOS upgrades and patches for network gear.
- Maintain firewall configurations for ongoing security requirements.
- Manage remote access VPN configuration and client/vendor VPN interconnects.
- Travel to local Data Center collocation for installation/maintenance.
- Meet with internal IT teams, vendors and clients to develop strategy and plans for implementation of new sites, locations and technology.
- Bachelor’s degree or Associates Degree and equivalent in experience
- Current CCNA or pursuing CCNA credentials preferred
- Minimum of 2 years IT experience with support of IT infrastructure.
- Competent understanding of TCP/IP and common network services (DNS, DHCP, HTTP(s), SSH, etc.).
- Expertise in troubleshooting, performance tuning, and problem resolution.
- Experience with monitoring solutions such as Open NMS, What’s Up Gold, or similar technology solution.
- Proven ability to multi-task between operational and project related work efforts.
- Strong documentation, communication skills, and ability to train others.
- Preferred but not required:
- Cisco routers; Layer 2/3 switches; IOS CLI; VPN configurations.
- Routing protocols – EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, etc.
- LAN Technologies – Ethernet, HSRP, GLBP, VTP, Trunking, Etherchannel, etc.
- WAN Technologies – MPLS, PPP, Private Line, DS3, T1, MetroEthernet, etc.
- VoIP Technology – Avaya, Cisco, etc.
ResultsCX is a premier customer experience partner to Fortune 100 and 500 companies. We design, build, and deliver digitally influenced customer journeys that achieve the satisfaction and loyalty brands need to thrive and grow, while improving efficiency and reducing costs. ResultsCX’s 30+-year track record for reimagining the customer experience to meet consumers’ evolving expectations has driven growth to more than 20 geographic hubs and approximately 20,000 colleagues worldwide. Our core expertise extends to actionable analytics, contact center as a service (CCaaS), and our own SupportPredict AI-powered digital experience platform. Our strength lies in exceptional individuals working together in a high-performing, fun culture to deliver next-generation customer experiences on behalf of our clients.
Results-CX is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factors under federal, state, or local law.