The Network Engineer will be supporting a Cisco infrastructure comprised of 20+ remote locations throughout North America and Asia, with several thousand of call-center and corporate users. Along with global support, the Network Engineer will have primary focus on the Atlanta Data Center and the Marietta office. The engineer will be racking, stacking, cabling network equipment or other gear from different teams as needed. The engineer will need to be able to go to the data center as needed, for new installs, maintenance or troubleshooting problems. The engineer will also be included in 24x7 rotation network support.In this role you will:
We are looking for someone who has:
- Lead the planning and execution of Operations change management initiatives, including work requests and related hours in workflow tool.
- Configure, test, analyze and maintain router, switch and firewall gear.
- Develop and maintain accurate network diagrams and information.
- Identify and resolve ongoing local area and wide area network problems and issues.
- Analyze network traffic and make recommendations for future growth and requirements.
- Resolve daily network related issues.
- Participate in On-Call rotation for support of 24x7 operations.
- Manage IOS upgrades and patches for network gear.
- Maintain firewall configurations for ongoing security requirements.
- Manage remote access VPN configuration and client/vendor VPN interconnects.
- Travel to local Data Center collocation for installation/maintenance.
- Meet with internal IT teams, vendors and clients to develop strategy and plans for implementation of new sites, locations and technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar concentration as well as direct work experience
- Current CCNA or pursuing CCNA credentials preferred
- Minimum of 2 years IT experience with support of IT infrastructure.
- Competent understanding of TCP/IP and common network services (DNS, DHCP, HTTP(s), SSH, etc.).
- Expertise in troubleshooting, performance tuning, and problem resolution.
- Experience with monitoring solutions such as Open NMS, What’s Up Gold, or similar technology solution.
- Proven ability to multi-task between operational and project related work efforts.
- Strong documentation, communication skills, and ability to train others.
- Preferred but not required:
- Cisco routers; Layer 2/3 switches; IOS CLI; VPN configurations.
- Routing protocols – EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, etc.
- LAN Technologies – Ethernet, HSRP, GLBP, VTP, Trunking, Etherchannel, etc.
- WAN Technologies – MPLS, PPP, Private Line, DS3, T1, MetroEthernet, etc.
- VoIP Technology – Avaya, Cisco, etc.
We encourage our people to “expect greater”, reach further and live up to their individual potential. As a leader in the customer service call center industry, we partner with Fortune 500 companies to provide exceptional customer experiences globally. We are looking to grow our teams with people who are up for a challenge and share our passion and commitment. If you are interested in an opportunity to make a difference in a fast-paced environment, ResultsCX could be right for you!
ResultsCX is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factors under federal, state or local law.