Manager, Instructional Design
The Manager, Instructional Design is responsible for managing all aspects of the learning solutions design, development. This position manages a team of Instructional Designers, Communications, Language Learning specialists, and Supervisors. The Manager, Instructional Design ensures the effective and efficient use of systems, tools and processes that would provide clients and associates with technical, functional or skills training required to perform their job tasks. The Manager, Instructional Design collaborates with our Training and Quality, Operations, Marketing, Human Resources, and Recruiting teams to understand and analyze their learning needs. This position supports all sites and regions across the enterprise.In this role you will:
We are looking for someone who has:
- Manage and develop a team of Instructional Designers, Communication and Language Specialists that are responsible for the creation of varying Communication and Instructional Design initiatives.
- Partner with Training, Quality, Operations, Marketing, Recruiting and Human Resources to enhance training programs and continue to refine the processes and strategies for all internal communications.
- Participate or lead the identification of performance gaps and conduct root cause analysis in order to determine the knowledge/skills/behaviors that must be addressed to achieve desired performance.
- Provide subject matter expertise on training design and delivery for all courses/curriculum built by the training, language and instructional design team.
- Create, coordinate and/or conduct certification programs for leadership training and career development.
- Develop, plan and manage multiple projects varying in scope, which encompasses managing task completion, coordinating resources, identifying constraints and ensuring timely project completion.
- Oversee the development of each aspect of projects resolving simple to the most complex technical issues and providing workload balancing, prioritization, resource scheduling, and integration of multiple projects to ensure feasibility of schedule.
- Make recommendations for executive action when required and communicate projects and initiatives to all stakeholders as needed.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders across the organization to ensure that learning solutions are correctly assessed, and an appropriate plan is in place to meet their needs.
- Advise Director on training programs that are effective and/or need improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Instructional Design or related field. Candidates with documented extensive successful experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Training and Development Field.
- Advance understanding of Adult Learning Principles, Levels of Training Evaluation, and Instructional Methodologies with excellent understanding of Instructional Systems Design processes (e.g. ADDIE)
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and exceptional interpersonal skills with the capability of fostering a clear understanding of project’s role in meeting departmental objectives
- Advanced business knowledge and excellent project management skills
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision on complex projects with skills in conflict resolution and project risk mitigation
- Proven ability to influence change in an organization, lead and develop exceptional project teams across geographic and corporate boundaries
- Ability to lead teams and measure individual performance
- Ability to conduct in-depth research and present technical recommendations
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills, as well as consulting skills, (e.g., critical thinking, problem solving, decision making, and influencing)
- Experience in working in a multi-client and multi-vendor environment
- Detail and customer service oriented
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multi-task in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and complete tasks/projects in accordance with stated deadlines
- Knowledge and experience with instructional design and development tools: Captivate, Articulate, Storyline
- Professionalism in appearance and attitude
- Ability to analyze data for trends and able to recognize opportunities for improvement
- Ability to work multiple shifts as needed, primarily during normal business hours in the U.S.
- Ability to travel as assigned, sometimes on short notice and sometimes including extended assignments
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Attributes for position:
- Current membership or certification in professional training or Instructional Design organizations such as ASTD or IBSTPI
- Project management, Continuous Improvement, Six Sigma or Agile certification
- Proven experience in Marketing and Corporate Communication
We encourage our people to “expect greater”, reach further and live up to their individual potential. As a leader in the customer service call center industry, we partner with Fortune 500 companies to provide exceptional customer experiences globally. We are looking to grow our teams with people who are up for a challenge and share our passion and commitment. If you are interested in an opportunity to make a difference in a fast-paced environment, ResultsCX could be right for you!
ResultsCX is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factors under federal, state or local law.