The IT Security Operations Manager is responsible for implementing and administering information security controls as defined by Corporate Policy in alignment with internal and external compliance and security standards in a globally based, fast paced environment. This role will oversee the ongoing day to day tasks and projects of a team of security engineers, security analysts and third party security providers required to support the security and compliance program as well as the Incident Management and Response processes.
In addition, this role will act as the primary interface for internal and external IT Security related topics including audit support, risk mitigation, corrective action plan design and policy adherence.In this role you will:
We are looking for someone who has:
- Monitor and routinely audit compliance to all information security procedures and policies
- Act as primary interface on IT Security topics for client and third party IT security audits and inquiries
- Ensure IT Security operational processes and standards are in alignment with PCI, HiTrust, HIPPA and SOC compliance standards
- Assist other IT teams in system and software architecture and design to ensure that assets and implementations are appropriately secure at all times
- Work closely with the internal Risk and Compliance team to perform risk assessments in the IT Infrastructure space to identify and mitigate potential gaps
- Work closely with client and other 3rd party auditors to swiftly respond and mitigate, or build and execute a corrective action plan to mitigate audit findings
- Manage the ongoing vulnerability scanning and assessment process and partners with other IT teams to resolve vulnerabilities in a timely manner to maintain compliance
- Oversee a team of engineers and analysts tasked with management of security tools, systems and processes including - Logging / IDS / IPS / Endpoint Protection / Webfiltering and Proxy / MDM / DLP / Vulnerability Assessment as well as IM and IR responsibilities.
- Provide guidance and development of requirements for vendor selection for new and replacement technologies within the IT Security footprint
- Act as a Project Manager for implementation of new technologies within the IT Security footprint
- Provide input and guidance for future technology in alignment with global IT and corporate roadmap
- Stay current on threats applicable to The Results Companies environment and brand, and recommends mitigating actions or risk-reduction configurations or solutions
- Identify and incorporate opportunities for improvements to the Security and Compliance program, and communicate such opportunities effectively to management
- Interface with operations management and user community to understand business needs and implement security practices to accommodate them while maintaining security compliance
- Assist with Security Awareness program and ensures that user community understands and adheres to necessary procedures to maintain security
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year College or University in Computer Science or related field, or the equivalent combination of Education, Training, or Work experience
- Minimum 3 years IT Security experience
- Experience managing and maintaining PCI compliance across a globally diverse infrastructure
- Experience with HIPPA, HiTrust and SOC compliance standards
- In-depth knowledge of security best practices (encryption, data protection, design, privilege access, etc.)
- Hands on experience with Security toolsets (Logging, IDS, FIM, SIEM, DLP)
- Knowledge of Virtualization Software and Technologies
- Knowledge of networks technologies (protocols, design concepts, access control)
- Proficiency in time management, decision making, and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Proficiency in planning, reporting, establishing goals and objectives, standards, priorities and schedules
- Intelligent and persuasive leader who is able to communicate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff
- CISSP, CISM or SANS GSEC Security Certification, preferred
- Contact Center of BPO related experience, preferred
- Experience managing outsourced security providers, prferred.
We encourage our people to “expect greater”, reach further and live up to their individual potential. As a leader in the customer service call center industry we partner with Fortune 500 companies to provide exceptional customer experiences globally. We are looking to grow our teams with people who are up for a challenge and share our passion and commitment. If you are interested in an opportunity to make a difference in a fast-paced environment, ResultsCX could be right for you!
ResultsCX is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factors under federal, state or local law.